General School Information
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, located in Erie, Pennsylvania on East Grandview Boulevard, is a thriving, Middle States accredited, rural school with a student population of 300. Students from preschool through eighth grade find success and motivation through our cooperative learning environment.
Just the Facts...
- Preschool - 8
- Middle States
- Accredited since 1984
- Average class size
- Student/Teacher ratio
- School Day
- 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Standardized Testing
- Grades 2-8
- Red and White
- 100% have college degrees
- Average Years Teaching
- Our homerooms range in size from 12-23 students.
- We offer art, computer, library, music, and physical education.
- Students have the opportunity for advanced placement classes at Cathedral Prep, Mercyhurst Prep, and Villa Maria Academy.
- Our students participate in many academic competitions including geography bees, art shows, spelling bees, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science (PJAS), and a theater arts festival.
- We offer a broad spectrum of competitive sports.
- We offer working parents the convenience of our Extended Care Program, providing after-school care for children ages pre-school and up. Students are able to stay as late as 5:30 p.m. in the Extended Care Program.
- The school day officially begins at 8:00 a.m., but parents are able to drop students off as early as 7:30 a.m. at no additional cost.
- We are in close proximity to cultural, historical, and educational institutions.
- We encourage parental involvement through the PTC
- We have transportation to our school from eight different school districts.
- We provide a safe, secure learning environment.